After some uncertainty over championship season for cross country, the MSHSL announced earlier this week a plan to hold section meets the week of October 12th. Advancement beyond sections is still to be determined.
The tournament format is as follows:
- A multi-site or multi-session section meet held over two days if necessary.
- A maximum of 4 teams on the course at one time.
- Section Management and Regions to determine how to group teams for competition.
- Teams consist of 6 runners with the top five scoring. This allows for not more than 24 runners on the start line at any time.
- Girls and boys races may run on the same day and same course, but not be on the course at the same time.
Changes from MSHSL Approved Fall Sports Guidance:
- The number of teams at a single site was increased to four teams
- Teams limited to six runners
- Varsity races only
- Up to 250 spectators or 25% of the venue may be allowed in accordance with Governor's Orders.
- Team members, game officials, and site staff (including ticket takers/sellers, administrative supervision from both schools, certified athletic trainer, announcer, etc.) do NOT count toward the maximum number of occupants. These individuals are considered "essential" to the game
- Seeding is determined by section or meet management