Minnesota track & field and cross country seniors - We Salute You!
All season long, MileSplit MN has been privileged to interview and highlight accomplished athletes all across the state. We are incredibly proud to have done this, because far too few supremely accomplished and talented individuals are recognized outside of their own communities in this great sport of ours. And if we have been able to allow the spotlight on rightly shine on just a fraction more of those deserving athletes, then we are doing our job. But that job surely doesn't stop there.
It is a tradition all across the nation here at MileSplit during the graduation season to give any and all seniors the chance to share their stories as well. Not just the outstanding athletes, but everyone who wants to be heard. And with cross country and track & field having the greatest quantity of participating student-athletes of any high school sport in Minnesota, we know there are a lot of voices to be heard. As such, this year Minnesota will be joining that tradition to salute the Class of 2019 as they move on to bigger and better things.
For the next two weeks, Milesplit MN encourages all graduating track and XC athletes to share with us your stories, experiences, and plans, and help everyone get to know you just a little bit. You can send us these things in a variety of ways. You could send us your response in a Q&A format like shown below (or even write your own questions to answer), write your response as a story or an essay, or even create a short video of you sharing about your track/XC career (6 minutes or less). Whichever method you choose, you must include a selection of at least four photos which can be included in the article. These photos should either be ones from MileSplit or ones you or your family have taken yourselves. If using the photos someone else has taken, please be sure to tell us who the photo should be credited to. The only thing we cannot use are photos from other media publications (such as newspapers, advertisements, or school websites).
We look forward to hearing from you and highlighting your experiences! We wish you all well!
All emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are all your personal records?
- How did you get started as a track or cross country athlete?
- What was your most memorable competition?
- What was your greatest accomplishment as a track/XC athlete?
- What is your most memorable non-competition moment as a track athlete?
- Who were your biggest competitors in your track/XC career?
- If you could do it all over again, what would you change about your track/XC high school?
- How have your coaches been an influence to you as an athlete and a person?
- What were the most difficult obstacles you had to overcome?
- What will you miss the most about high school track/XC?
- What advice would you give to younger athletes?
- What are your post-graduation plans?
- Who would you like to say 'thank you' to?
- Is there anything else you'd like to add?