Coming into the season it seemed possible that Maple Grove senior Jordyn Borsch could break the Minnesota state records in the 100m, 200m, and 400m.
Well, she has now broken one of those state records.
At the Section 5AAA T&F Finals, Borsch broke the state record for the girls 400m with a time of 53.47. The previous record had been held by Bloomington Kennedy graduate Honour Finley with a time of 53.96.
Borsch shaved almost a full half-second off of the previous record and is one of two girls in state history to run under 54 seconds.
All-Time MN Girls 400m Times
On top of being #1 in Minnesota this season and all-time for the 400m, Borsch currently ranks #13 nationally for the 2023 outdoor season.
2023 U.S. Girls Top 400m Times
Borsch is still within distance of the Minnesota state records for the 100m and 200m with personal best times of 11.78 in the 100m and 24.07 ranking her #8 and #6 all-time for Minnesota girls. The current state records in those events are 11.66 by T'Nia Riley and 23.41 by Jedah Caldwell.
- All-Time Minnesota Boys and Girls State Records
- Interview with Minnesota's Own Peyton Gunnarson
- 2022 MN Track and Field, the Year of the State Record
- Lakeville North Boys Break State 4x800m Record
- Wayzata Girls Break State 4x800m Record
- Hayden Bills Smashes State Shot Put Record
- Adaylia Borgmeier Keeps Breaking Records in 2023